CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

East Coast Bias Jung-Fu Style

OK so definitely just went online to MLB.com to check out yesterdays scores. You know I am still deciding weather or not I like the site and I notice the daily pole they have up. You got to be kidding me right?? The question was:

Which is baseball's hottest new rivalry?
Brewers vs. Cubs
Diamondbacks vs. Rockies

Indians vs. Tigers

Again, you're joking right?? I mean come on. Brewers did something the first half of the season, I am not shaking in my sox because of them. Cubs, ok in due time they will be a serious contender. Diamondbacks and Rockies?!?! OK, diamondbacks might be good but the Rockies I feel let too many people get away from them last season. That series just doesn't scream excitement for me. Than there is the Indians and Tigers, this is where my bias comes in. Is MLB that desperate to get away from the Red Sox Yankees rivalry that they need to build this one up?? Seriously, the only reason those two teams contend is because the Twins, White Sox and Royals SUCK!!!!! At least in the AL East we have another team that plays either the Sox (Toronto) or Yankees (Tampa Bay, don't laugh cause it's true) well, and sometimes the Orioles on occasion.

If you're going to talk rivalry, here's a good one, one that started towards the end of last season, you know, when the Mets caved, Mets vs. Phillies. Two teams who have the potential to make it to the series, and added to the mix in that division is the ever pesky Braves and Marlins. That is what adds fuel to that rivalry because unlike the AL Central, the NL East has the chance to be a stronger division, which makes the need to win games against each other than more important. So that is my answer to the daily MLB.com poll...I hope they enjoy it :)

Sox play 7:05pm today :)

Peace, Love and three days til Beckett's 1st start,
Erica

0 comments: