CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just killing some time in my abnormal psychology class

Huh?? We are in the library for the whole three hours of my class. We were given a case study to work on while some others are in the group study room discussing it. Well she hasn't called me to go into the room yet and I don't want to finish the study without having a discussion about it. I feel it would be unfair to me and the other students who didn't get the opportunity to have the discussion to finish it. She said that if we do not finish it we have until next Tuesday to submit it which is what I fully plan on doing. Well since I am in the library I can not go onto Myspace or any other gaming or chatting sites, so it is blogging time for me. I figure I will blog about random stuff since I need to utilize my time wisely.

So in my previous blog I mentioned how Sterno wants all his IM'ers to call, and I said "Hell no!!" to the idea, but I began thinking *yes in my car driving to work this morning* and maybe I should try it, but what to talk about?? It hit me, since he is talking about memories and ways to humiliate himself since he can't shave his head like he promised, I figured I would share my memory of the 2004 season in which my friends experience some humiliation of themselves...let's go back shall we....

The year is 2004, a year Yankee fans wish they could erase from their memories. flash forward to September 6, 2004. Remember that day?? The day the Yankees were supposed to have a double-header against the then Tampa Bay Devil Rays?? I had tickets to that game since I wanted to see first-hand what yankee stadium was really like. OK now here is where you guys kill me...I wore a yankee shirt to the stadium, out of sheer respect for the game *and the fact if I wore a TB shirt I would have gotten killed* but after hours of waiting for the game to begin I said "fuck it!!" and took off the shirt, releaving my Johnny Damon shirt underneith, IMMEDIATELY!! after I took that shirt off a guy a couple rows in back laughed and said "What's on the front a 19??" Now I had been driving for 4 hours *I left at 5am, got to the bronx at 10am* and had been stuck inside of a ballpark with no baseball for probably 5 or 6 hours, so I look at the guy like huh?? and he says "Get it?!?! 1918" so I responde with a very sarcastic "HAHA, you're cute!" to which he respondes with "You know you're cursing your team by wearing that shirt here?? Oh wait, I forgot, YOU ARE CURSED" and proceeds to laugh at his lame attempt at humor...boy I would have loved to been the fly on his roach-infested house when the sox won the World Series that year....so flash forward more to October of 2004. Sox and Yankees are in the ALCS just in time for my birthday *October 15th for those that care* and I had made plans to go visit my friends in New York for a birthday celebration, you know the big 20!! OK hold that thought, it is time for me to go discuss this case study....

and back!!! So at the beginning of the season we made a bet...sox win, they have to walk around NYC *including going into the yankee clubhouse* with all red sox gear, and if the yankees won than I would have to go into Cask n Flagon and try and get a beer with yankee gear on. Well October 16th we went out to eat and after we had dinner we came across a guy who would make up a rap for you if you gave like a dollar or something. So we had him do one about the sox and yankees, it was cool even though I HATE rap music. Well we lost 19-8, do you know how horrifying it was to watch that with YANKEE FANS!!! Anyways, went home the next day with enough time to watch Still we Believe: The Boston Red Sox Story...ironic anyone...it renewed my faith, and I believed. How sweet it was to see them with red sox shirts on walking into the Yankee Clubhouse :)

Well that is all for now, I have a test to study for :-D

Peace, love and wonderful memories,
Erica :)

1 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

Erica?

Had you NOT worn the Yankees Shirt, you might have these things done to you;

Get beer tossed on you;
If you were in the RF Bleachers, the Utter Morons called The Bleacher Creatures, might have chanted "A--Ho-- at you, or been serenaded during YMCA to "Why Are You Gay", + The "C" word, an expletive, would've been chanted