CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thoughts on Clemens and McNamee


Just thought this picture sums everything up. Yes Spring training is here and it is time to Rock N Roll :) However, there is one last winter baseball item left to talk about, and that is the congressional hearings. I have had almost a full week to absorb, debate and discuss this with all my friends, oh yes, and even fight with too. I have listened to everyone's opinions and heard everyone's side of the story.

I think Clemens is in a position where he needs to lie until he is found guilty by the grand jury, because if he comes clean now the question will be "Why were you so adamant about not taking steroids when you knew it was a lie?" And he will just stand there with that big stupid look on his face, and have his lawyer come to his aid. Whereas he is found guilty by a grand jury he could at least still deny it. I think Clemens wants to believe he never took steroids, as is evident whenever he spoke, and he can not blame the southern Texan drawl because neither Pettitte or Beckett sound like complete doofuses. So while I partake of some of my delicious chicken alfredo, I will discuss my thoughts and why I think Clemens is guilty of not only taking steroids but lieing under oath. *note: I will not get into the whole democrat/republican debate simply because well, I am neither total democrat or total republican*

The first thing I noticed during the hearings was HOW Clemens and McNamee answered the questions. McNamee sounded very poised and confident, while Clemens answered every question like he was just asked if he killed someone as he is holding the bloody knife in his hand. Some of the questions posed by the chairmen were questions that you really couldn't plan on them asking, and I felt that whenever a question was posed to Clemens that was damning, his boy Rusty Harden jumped in even though they made it clear that the lawyers were NOT allowed to talk.

Another thing that made me go hmmm was the nanny. Clemens claims that he was never at Jose Canseco's party while Brian McNamee said he was and they both agreed that if anyone would know for sure it was Clemen's nanny at the time. Clemens was ordered by the court to get her information. Not only did he do so, he contacted her, invited her to the house and told her what was going on. Sounds awfully fishy to me, and the best part was she told the congression he was indeed at the party. Credibility SHOT DOWN!!

Than there is the whole Pettitte and Knoblauch side to the story. Everyone was calling out McNamee's credibility which is a solid defense since he has in the past lied under oath. However, Pettitte and Knoblauch both have given McNamee credibility by admitting many times they have been administered PED by McNamee thus giving McNamee credibility. The biggest question mark for me is Why didn't anyone ask Clemens simply "Why did he lie about you but tell the truth about Pettitte and Knoblauch?" I would have loved to know his response. But I have to say the highlight of the hearings was when chairman said to McNamee "You're a drug dealer" and McNamee's response was a very candid "That's your interpretation" Good stuff right there :)

I have to say though that Pettitte has earned a lot of my respect for the way he has handled this, and I hope fans from all teams can see this. Oh and one more thing. I really hope they test those viles for fingerprints because that would be solid evidence against Clemens if in fact his prints were on there, oh and I would LOVE to know his lawyer's, I mean his response to that.

So those are my thoughts, feel free to let me know if you agree, disagree, think I am stupid, or whatever :)

Peace, Love, and no more hearings :)
Erica :)


2 comments:

Peter N said...

So much soap opera, so little to believe...so far. Thanks for your comments! P

Maccie said...

Yes!!!!!!!!

Clemens is guilty... oh wait, thats for congress to decide :(

but he is a lier, just look at his stupid face when hes asked what is your name to realise that :)